Who: Di Wills
What: A play in development
Why: Because the idea wants out of my head and it could be rather funny if done well. Touch wood.

Sunday 25 November 2012

Di-gressing, again.

Poetry is not my strong suit. Don't judge the play by these lines below.

The End

It was never about the clothes you wore
Or the way you grew your hair
It was never about the car you drove
That was in serious need of repair
         It was never about your choice of mates
         Or the beer you liked to buy
         It was never about your forgetful way
         That would sometimes make me cry
It was often about the way you snored
Or the way you never cared
It was often about your pretty ex
And how we were always compared
         It was often about the pee on the seat
         Or the clothes left on the floor
         It was often about your pathetic self
         That baby, I can’t take anymore
It’s the reason you found your crap out front
You missed the fire display
It’s the reason your key won’t fit in the locks
I changed them without delay
         It’s the reason I pawned the engagement ring
         That anchor I finally shook
         It’s the reason I’m finally free of you
         Without a backwards look
Goodbye to you my lover
Goodbye to my old friend
Goodbye and good riddance
You Jerk – this is – The End.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment