Who: Di Wills
What: A play in development
Why: Because the idea wants out of my head and it could be rather funny if done well. Touch wood.

Sunday 25 November 2012

The beginning of something good...

Fact 1: I love theatre. Directing, stage managing, even singing and dancing entertains me.
Fact 2: I love writing. When I write, I see it as people moving around on a stage.
***
Fact 3: It has sadly taken me YEARS to work out that I should be writing for the stage.

Situation to be rectified. One play down, a one-act Australian comedy featuring old blokes and their Man Cave activities and antics. And ...since my last project finished (Calendar Girls at the Playhouse Theatre), I've had something brewing in the back of my head, taking seed. It's about 9 days old now, but building momentum fast.

So... a new blog for a new project.

The title: Dead Women's Society

The concept: A stage play that examines a group of women 'stuck' after experiencing sudden and unexpected deaths, and how they now fill their days. The play examines the value of women's friendships, both now and beyond. 

The real project: Two-fold really. Curate an art exhibition that showcases the works of my talented friends using the themes of the play as friendship, sisterhood and death in any arts medium. The arts audience then becomes the play's audience as they witness a section of the play - delivered as a workshop piece - and have an opportunity to discuss and provide feedback afterwards.

The location: Dirty Linen Art Space

The time-frame: Roughly... three months - or Feb 2013.


To be continued...





No comments:

Post a Comment